We are full for the First Sock workshop coming up on February 2nd! I am super excited. FYI These workshops are the last events though meetup.com; I am working on transitioning all events to use Bookingbug . More info on that shortly.
I just wanted to touch base and make sure everyone had the supplies they need or knew where to get them as we are just over 1 week out!
I am also thinking about putting an order in with KnitPicks.com … Any one want to go in on an order with me? If we have a combined purchase of $50 or more shipping is free! We need to put it in by Tomorrow afternoon in order to get it for next week. Please comment on the blog if you are interested.
To Recap:- What you’ll need:
- Yarn- Sock Weight (I recommend a solid color and one with 15-25% nylon) yardage depends on the size of your foot but you’ll want at least 100 g/ 250-350 yards
- 1 or 2 Circular needles at least 16″ in length and in the appropriate size for the yarn
- a Darning Needle
- scrap yarn or extra needle (approx same size or smaller) to hold work
- Stitch markers smaller is better & I recommend at least 1 (your pattern may need more)
- optional a basic stitch pattern for body of foot and leg
I will be posting the handouts/ recommended YouTube links shortly.
Please let me know if you have any questions and feel free to comment below (you’ll have to be signed in/ registered)